What do you want to know? Authors are, in general, really boring people whose idea of a good time is to have four uninterrupted hours sitting at the keyboard.
Here are a few random facts about me, for what they are worth:
- I was born in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, a long time ago (O.K. 1964).
- I have two sons, two cats but only one wife. We live in a part of Boston called Jamaica Plain in a house that used to be bright blue but we finally painted it.
- I have spent a lot of time in school. I graduated from Haverford College in 1986 with an interdepartmental major in Classics and Religion. I have a masters degree from Teachers College, Columbia University in Educational Administration and an MFA from Emerson College in Creative Writing.
- When I am not writing, I teach middle school math at the Jewish Community Day School in Watertown, MA. I like teaching math. Over the years I have taught a bunch of different stuff including Latin, English, Social Studies, but never P.E. I also play the ukulele, just not well.
- My older son took these photos when he was four which is now a long time ago, but I don't think I've changed that much, so I'm leaving these photos up until I find some I like better.